NEW: Videos of polka variations (and additional music) can be found at: libraryofdance.org/dances/polka
A collection of contemporary polka music.
- “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)” (102 bpm) by Big & Rich
- “Safety Dance” (106 bpm) by Glee Cast
- “A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix)” (116 bpm) by Elvis Presley
- “Love Today” (124 bpm) by Mika
- “So What” (126 bpm) by P!nk
- “Only Girl (in the World)” (128 bpm) by Rihanna
- “Americano” (128 bpm) by Lady Gaga
- “I Gotta Feeling” (130 bpm) by Black Eyed Peas
- “United State of Pop 2009 (Blame It On the Pop)” (132 bpm) by DJ Earworm
To learn more about dancing polka, see Dancing Moves – Polka.
In addition to traditional polkas, and the “hustle polkas” listed above, there is a third kind of song that I find makes for a satisfying polka. I call it the “sweet polka” and share these examples:
- “Way to the Future” (120 bpm) by Katie Herzig
- “Falling in Love (With My Best Friend)” (120 bpm) by Matt White
Includes songs collected from the set lists of Richard Powers.
Know another good polka song (traditional, hustle, or sweet)? Share it below!