NEW: Videos of schottische variations (and additional music) can be found at: libraryofdance.org/dances/schottische
A collection of contemporary schottische music.
- “Yoü and I” (128 bpm) by Lady Gaga*
- “Wavin’ Flag” (152 bpm) by K’naan
- “Cheers (Drink to That)” (160 bpm) by Rihanna
- “Jump Then Fall” (160 bpm) by Taylor Swift
- “I’ll Do Anything” (164 bpm) by Jason Mraz
- “Misery” (164 bpm) by Green Day
- “Believe” (166 bpm) by The Bravery
- “One” (168 bpm) by Jeannette Hawkins
- “Curbside Prophet” (180 bpm) by Jason Mraz*
- “Love Like Woe” (180 bpm) by The Ready Set*
* I recommend shifting the tempo into the 150 to 170 bpm range.
To learn more about dancing schottische, see Dancing Moves – Schottische.
Includes several songs collected from the set lists of Richard Powers, and a recommendation from Kevin Hsu.
For Our Foreign Friends
In Norway: En samling av moderne reinlender musikk.
In Sweden: En samling av samtida schottis musik.
Know another good schottische song? Share it below!